Saturday, September 23, 2006

Catch a Gideon

So I decided maybe I should join this whole blogging trend since it doesn't seem to be going away. I went over to Blogger and tried to set one up. I'd decided I wanted to teach people about becoming rich and all that might entail, but I couldn't come up with a good name for a blog that wasn't already taken.

Thus the name. Since a big part of being successful is determining your goals and meeting them, I named the blog after one of my goals: catching a Gideon.

This sounds strange, I know. But it really makes a lot of sense. See, have you ever looked in the drawer in a hotel and find a bible? It always says on the inside cover that it has been placed there by a Gideon. Well I took mythology class in high school and didn't remember anything about Gideons. So I've decided one of them must be caught so we can study them or something. My plan is to stay in a hotel and call down to the desk to complain about a missing Bible. Then obviously a Gideon will have to come up and deliver one. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: